The goal of the Currane Challenge is to promote increased fitness while providing a challenge to suit all levels.
The Currane Challenge takes place in Currane, Achill, Co Mayo, along Ireland's famous Wild Atlantic Way!
It's winding roads along the shores of Clew Bay put it amongst the most remote and scenic areas in Ireland. Rain or shine, the views are breathtaking!
31 km which will afford you with spectacular views of the area: Achill Island, Achill Beg, Clare Island, Inisturk, Croagh Patrick,
Mulranny Beach, and Bellacragher Bay to name a few!
You can view a Garmin link of the cycle leg here
Sheep wander freely along the hills and roads of the Currane Peninsula. Extra caution is advised when they are present along the cycle route.
The Hill Run/Hike
Currane Hill is approximately 524m. The distance covered on the run/hike is 6.5km and will delight you with panoramic views of Clew Bay, allowing you to see it's famous 365 islands as well as Croagh Patrick, Mwreelrea, the Sheefry Hills, and the Maamturk Range in Connemara
Those who wish to complete only part of the Challenge (cycle or hike) are also welcome to join in!
Awards for the 1st Male, 1st Female, and 1st Relay team. A spot prize draw for all other participants in attendance at the presentations in The Compass Bar
- Registration from 7.00 - 8.30 am with mandatory pre-race briefing at 8.45 in Church car park
- Parking will be managed to ensure cars do not block course. Please follow marshals instructions.
- The Currane Challenge will begin promptly at 9.00 am sharp
- All participants will be treated to refreshments of fresh homemade soup/sandwiches/sweet cakes as well as tea/coffee from our brilliant Currane Ladies!!!
- Shower facilities are available
- Awards in The Compass Bar (approximately 12.30) All participants present will be entered into sponsored draw with great prizes from our sponsors!
View Currane Charity Challenge in a larger map